Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

I have a system that I built in the early 1990's in Foxpro

Customer Question

I have a system that I built in the early 1990's in Foxpro and have used it for my business for 25 years. Never play with it because it works well for me but I now have a command problem.
By mistake, I used the command line "dele for field X" when I meant to say "dele for field = X". I don't recall the command to un-delete all those records and and don't want to try things.
Could you please tell me the proper coding to reverse. I'd be forever grateful.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

No matter if you use the COMMAND line to delete, or you are using the GUI to delete. ALL deleted files SHOULD have saved in the RECYCLE BIN.

You can use the GUI to go into the recycle bin, and the RESTORE all the files and folders you deleted by accident.

All files deleted from the desktop or Windows Explorer end up in the recycle bin, as do files deleted from within compliant programs. Files deleted at the DOS prompt, though, bypass the Recycle Bin, as do any files you delete from removeable media such as floppy or Zip disks, and files deleted from compressed folders.

So unfortunately, at this stage the job of recovering the file is beyond Windows. But it’s not beyond the abilities of numerous third-party unerase/undelete utilities.

Some of the better known undelete utilities are File Recover, WinUndelete and Recuva (the latter is free, but they request a donation if you use the software).