Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I am trying to install an old System Mechanic application

Customer Question

I am trying to install an old System Mechanic application from a dvd I bought some years ago. I get a message stating the file "ioloinfolist" cannot be found. I have installed the program on my previous machine and it works. My OS is Windows 10 What can I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the version of it?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The version is 7.5

You can try copying the content of the system mechanic application from the DVD disc to a folder on the computer, then right-click the Setup file, then set the Compatibility option there, and then open it, and see if it lets you install. However, it may not work since version 7.5 is very old. Some old programs are not compatible with the latest Windows version 10, so you would need to buy the latest version, which is 14.5 for System Mechanic.

http://www.iolo.com/resources/articles/windows-10-is-coming-soon/

However, if you'd like to, I can provide some alternative programs that are free. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.