Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My dad just bought a new computer with windows 7. He stores

Customer Question

My dad just bought a new computer with windows 7. He stores is documents and data on an external drive (one that requires external voltage). He got the computer set up and he went to plug in his external drive. It pops up a notice “Access denied”. Then
he gets to a menu that says enter password. So he enters his password (password ***** starting up computer) and it will let him into the drive for about 15 minutes. Thinking it was a defective machine, the company sent hi a new one. After getting it going, he
gets the same thing all over again. He brought his drive here to my machine (windows 7) it I can access the drive with no passwords or problems. Any ideas how to correct the problem?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.

It sounds like his new computer has extra security that may have come with the computer, providing this has been happening always and it's a brand new computer.

I could access his or your computer remotely and show you how to disable that security.

Please reply using the box below.

Regards,