Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I cannot log on my computer anymore after lenovo has

Customer Question

I cannot log on my computer anymore after lenovo has download something
It says user profile cannot be loaded
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Can you tell me which version of Windows you are using? If you are using Windows 7

That message indicates that corruption has occurred in your user profile. We can attempt a System Restore to try and fix the issue. This will not affect your data files.
To start the restore, start or re-start your computer and as soon as you see the manufacturer's logo begin steadily tapping the F8 key. You should shortly see the Advanced Boot menu. Using the up/down arrow keys select Safe Mode with Command Prompt and press Enter. Enter your password ***** prompted.

.

You will get a black screen where you will see this prompt: C:\Windows\System32>

At the blinking prompt enter: rstrui.exe and press enter. This will launch System Restore

(it may not start immediately so please give it some time)

When the System Restore window opens click Next and place a checkmark in the box labeled Show More Restore Points. Select a restore point with a date you are certain you could log in on and click Next.

Then click Finish

.

The machine will restart when the restore is complete and you should then be able to log in normally.
Important Note: Sometimes the first restore point will not work. If that happens perform the procedure again and choose the next oldest restore point and work your way back if needed

Let me know the result please.