Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I am a computer tech and I have a Dell Studio desktop that

Customer Question

I am a computer tech and I have a Dell Studio desktop that will not boot up. It has a message I have never seen and I have worked on dell computers for many years. It just has RV370 P/N 113-AG2801-106 - Bios at the top of the screen and just stays there. What could it be. It will not let me boot from cd. Will not respond to F12 or F2.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

That issue could be one of several issues, it could be a faulty processor, or a faulty Ram chip.

lets try this. Unplug the computer from power and then remove all ram chips. Now insert just one and try to start.

If you still get the error, remove that ram chip and set it aside.. then install the next and try to boot.

If at any point you do not get the error message. Then you know its a good ram chip. Hopefully, only one of t he chips have failed.

Let me know the results of this test when you can. Thank you,

Dustin S.