Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

I am a school teacher. Most of my Read 180 work is on Read

Customer Question

I am a school teacher. Most of my Read 180 work for students is on Read 180 software. My students are not able to hear nor return speech back to Software lecturer. Is it because of imaging on computer, or lack of compatibility between micro-headset and Windows 7
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If you have Read 180 Enterprise Edition, perhaps it needs to be updated for compatibility with Windows 7 ? I doubt this, but if the updates available from this page have not been applied, perhaps applying them could help:

http://edproductsupport.scholastic.com/ts/product/read180/prodUpdates/;jsessionid=08C60571F8CB18AEF07F781E4E2B9BA6.tomcatA

As for possible incompatibility between headset and Windows 7 - simply try other programs with the headset, and observe whether it works with other programs. If it does, then Windows 7 compatibility of the headset is not the problem.

Also, look at the volume controls for the headset. Make sure its volume is not at minimum, and it is not set to Mute.