Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

My hp touch smart 600 just keeps flashing on and off so I

Customer Question

My hp touch smart 600 just keeps flashing on and off so I can't enter my password.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. When did this issue first occur?

Can you please confirm it has windows 7 (or windows xp, vista or 8 or 10, etc.)?

Does it show anything at the flashing screen?

If you press and hold the Power button on the PC fro about 7 seconds, does it turn off?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 7. Didn't use the computer yesterday was last working fine on 11.11.15. I have tried holding down the button and it doesn't work

Can you press press and hold power on/off button until it power off, then turn it back on, then right away, keep pressing & releasing the key F8 quickly and repeatedly until a menu appears, then select the option Last Known Good Configuration then let me know what happens. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing happens. Logs back on but goes back to the flashing screen

Please try F8 key method again, then select the Safe mode option, then let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm doing a lot of reading and it appears that it's a Windows problem with an update they did. Same thing. Keeps going back to that screen

OK, when you press and hold Power button to power off, then turn it back on, then keep pressing & releasing the key F8 quickly and repeatedly, do you get a menu? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When you select the Safe mode option, does it work or not?

Do you see the option Repair your computer?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing happens when I open in safe mode. I do have repair your computer

Please select Repair your computer, then let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Says system recovery options

Please let me know the option there. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Language US. I click on that then takes me to enter in my username and password ***** access recovery options

Please continue, then let me know the recovery options. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are several. Can you ring me please?

I do live online support. Can we continue to troubleshoot here at this web page? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Startup repair
System restore
System image recovery
Windows memory diagnostic
Command prompt
Recovery manager

Please select System Restore, then restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred., then check. Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That didn't work either.

Sorry, please try F8 again, Repair your computer, then System image recovery, then let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I actually have to go out now, sorry can't keep trying to fix at this time.

When at the System image recovery menu, you can try the Recovery option and it should work

If needed, you can try the key F11 method at the HP website below, then it should work:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01867418#AbT3

No problem. Whenever you are available, please reply back to continue if there is still any issue. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on a service option above, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure why you have charged me $50 when you haven't actually fixed the problem yet?

I'm sorry. When you came here for support, we take the deposit to make sure your payment card is correct. But don't worry, your deposit is fully refundable if you are not satisfied at the end. Have you tried my last two suggestions yet?

1. Use key F8 and select option Repair your computer, then System image recovery.

2. If that does not work, use key F11 to do a system recovery.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Don't worry, we guarantee our service. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The whole $50 has been taken from my bank account. I went to the computer a few minutes ago to try your next suggestion but my computer is working perfectly this morning and is fixed so I would appreciate a refund back to my account please, thank you

You're welcome. Yes, the whole deposit is charged to confirm you have enough money in your payment card. I think some of my troubleshooting steps may have helped fixing this issue after some time. I will have our customer service refund your full deposit unless you'd like to give a partial amount for my service. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd appreciate the full $50 amount being refunded. None of the solutions worked and I actually thinking windows7 updated their update as it bugs in it. Thanks

You're welcome. No problem, full refund is being processed. If you need anything else, please come back any time; we guarantee our service. Thank you for the update.