Steve
Steve, Consultant
Experience:  Steve is a consultant in the areas of computer software and programming, information management and networking.
47680681

I have 4 short pieces on 4 separate DVDs. I want to simply

Customer Question

Hi, I have 4 short pieces on 4 separate DVDs. I want to simply copy them to one DVD. The memory doesn't exceed a DVDs memory. I have Roxio 10. I add each of the Video TS to Video compilations. Everything seems to be alright right up to the moment of recording. After I push the red button I always get the error:(###) ###-#### I made the 4 DVDs. They're ok for copying. I don't know what to do. I'm very frustrated. Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Computer
Expert:  fbeltramini replied 1 year ago.

Hi Martin.

I'm Fabio I'll assist you today.

Change the burning speed to a lower speed 16x or 8x should work.

Fabio

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I find burning speed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please, where Do I find "the burning speed on Roxio 10?"

Click the Recording Options pull-down menu and choose Recorder Settings.
The recorder settings also appear when you click the red Record button.
Click the Basic tab to change basic recording settings, including the Write Speed

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SORRY, but changing the burning speed to both 16 and then to 8 still brings up ERROR(###) ###-#### What can I do now? Thnxs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The actual written message is "Could not record the disc because of a Mac OS Error.
Result Code =(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello? Are you still there?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, my name is ***** ***** I'll try to help you with the problem.

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I have a few questions first. Do all 4 DVD's have a VIDEO_TS folder that you're copying from?

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

I guess maybe you're not online, so let me leave some instructions here that you can try. I think you need to get Roxio to extract the video from the VIDEO_TS file before you create the composite DVD if it's not already doing that. You should be able to choose the titles you want from the VIDEO_TS folder using the Media Browser. I think that will force it to extract the video.

When you write the composite DVD, try writing it as a Disk Image

Please give that a try and let me know if it works or not. If it doesn't, and we can both be online at the same time, we can try a few more options.