A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
71208907

I have been using Pinnacle Version 9.4 10 years (making at

Customer Question

I have been using Pinnacle Version 9.4 for about 10 years (making at least 3000 DVDs)when it suddenly refused to compile DVD discs. That is why I asked a technician friend to fix it. He installed the trial version but it also won't make discs so that is why I am pursuing the problem. I need assurance that paying the $53 NZ will allow me to start making discs again. Thanks.
Category: Computer
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me the total available space available on the system that you are trying to compile videos on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1 terabyte
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

What errors are you getting when you try to compile?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a pensioner and cannot afford to pay any more. My friend put in all new components and I am not familiar with them yet but I know he gave me a 3.5 GB processor and the 1 TB hard drive mentioned above.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Okay, how many hard drives do you have installed on that computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I have now lost the camera capture that I put in 10 days ago so will have to put it in again. Studio 15 is another learning curve for me at 81 years of age. My friends name is***** and he has emailed you in the last few days.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the main C drive and also the D drive for video work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but my wife has just called me for dinner at 5-45 pm.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Okay, let me know when you return.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Back again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What I really want you to tell me is, Will an upgrade to the full Studio 15 program fix my problems and allow me to resume making DVDs and has the $53 I have just paid covered the cost of doing that?
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

This website is used to diagnose the problem you are having on your computer.

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure how much you paid for this session, however, we cannot provide any upgraded software, that will have to be purchased from the software manufacturer.

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

We can review the error messages you are receiving on your current setup if you would like.

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

What errors are you getting when you try to use the software on your computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't achieve anything. The captured video has disappeared and I think it would be useless to recapture it if I can't make a DVD out of it. I thought the money I paid was to upgrade to the full Studio 15 so that I could try again but it seems I have been misled. Will a full upgrade give me what I want? Or should I go straight to version 19?
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

A full upgrade to the latest software will most likely resolve any issues you are having. Also, if you purchase Version 19, you will get access to their free online technical support.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you are unable to help me would you please refund the NZ$53 Thank you. Alan.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

With that, you'll be able to discuss problems with the software directly to the software manufacturer

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Ok, allow me to provide you with the information to request a full refund. I cannot process refunds on my end.

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

New Zealand 0800-452-621

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Please phone that number and request a full refund.

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Have a great day.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I trust you will also have a great day. Goodbye for now.