Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I received an odd looking box on my Skype that said I had a

Customer Question

I received an odd looking box on my Skype that said I had a video message and to go to SKYVSP.com as I need to install video! I tried going to that site and it kept taking me back to the message, what is this and how do I update? I thought I had video capabilities. Please help, I use SKYPE very often and love it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

It is not technically related to Skype, it is a product trying to be sold that records skype calls for later viewing. You do not need this to use Skype, you can use it now with a webcam and do video calling.

It is just a marketing email Skype sends through (it is a free service so they generate revenue this way).

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you