Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

We just received a notice on our screen that we have a virus

Customer Question

We just received a notice on our screen that we have a virus called "tap snake" and we told to do download mackeeper to remove it. I logged out without clicking on the click here box.
I assume this is a scam. Is that correct ?
Thank You,
Michael xxx
xx-xxx-xxxx
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your computer with popups. You are correct this is called popcalls done by marketing medias and companies scaring customers that the computer is infected and has virus it it.

Simple ignore it or check in the installed program of tap snake and remove it from the installed program list. You are good to go. Its a fake popup to scare your computer is at risk.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Thank you.