Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Acer Aspire Switch 10, Windows 8.1 stuck on Please wait

Customer Question

Acer Aspire Switch 10, Windows 8.1 stuck on Please wait screen with that rotating circle. Unable to boot into safe or recovery mode. Letting it sit for hours is vain.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** am sorry you have encountered this kind of problem. It sounds like it's stuck in the boot sequence. Hold down the power button for 10 seconds until it shuts off, then wait for 10 seconds and then turn it back on and tell me if it does the same thing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already done that...many times....Acer splash screen appears then the Please Wait window appears

Does the hard drive activity light if there is one on your model which by the way can you provide me with the model number. Is the activity light flashing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Acer Aspire Switch 10...SSD SN NK1101304E42178C647200

OK there should be an actual model number located on the bottom of the machine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know...I've owned many machines, but there is only one sticker with the number I mentioned. there is no other information.

You may have to look inside the battery compartment. Restart the machine again and when you see the Acer logo push the alt and the f10 key together at the same time and tell me if anything comes up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I press pwr button, a window appears saying to "swipe down to shutdown." I do this, but it goes back to Please wait.
I have to hold the button to force it down. I was once to get into the BIOS.....but that doesn't get me to windows to run recovery or get to SAFE Mode.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no removable battery trying your suggestion

Thank you it's difficult to tell without an actual model number I'm sorry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
same thing...back to Please wait. I thought about a bootable USB to get at the OS
I understand...there are a plethora of platforms. thanks anyway

OK restart the machine one more time, this time push F10 when the machine starts and do it repeatidly. I really wish we had a model number so I can check out it's recovery partition triggers.