Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My Acer 1is stuck on updates 7. It's been over 24 hours.

Customer Question

My Acer 1is stuck on updates for windows 7. It's been over 24 hours. Apparently this machine needed 206 necessary updates and 8 optional which means the person I bought it from never updated it. Now it's stuck on 126 of 206. The last time I tried to update it it froze and all kinds of carp happened. So how can I shut this gadget down before it quits on me for good. ? Thanks so much.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

No need to wait if you have already waited more than 24 hrs. Update will run again its a common problem with Microsoft updates.

Try to press and hold down the power button on the computer for 20 seconds the computer must shut down.

Wait for 5 mins power it back on and run the update again.