Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  25 Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

I have a question I need to find out. I was on my computer

Customer Question

I have a question I need to find out. I was on my computer looking up something on the web and a alert message popped up saying it was from Microsoft, saying I need to call this 800 number , because my computer wouldn't let me do anything. So I called the number and the said I need to install a firewall protection because a possible hacker was trying to get into my computer. He gave me his name and installed it. But on my desk top screen it has google chrome and IKRAFT247. . I just want to find out if I did the right thing.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

Don't believe in my opinion that you've done the right thing. This is a common scam and It is something that Microsoft will never do. If you can reverse what they've done, please do that immediately and if you can't then you may need to do a system restore. In any case the first thing I would do is have the charge reversed on your credit card if they charge to because it is not a valid service. I can tell you more detail if you'd like but I want to get back to you immediately with this answer.

Have I answered your question, or do you need additional information?

I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service using the OK, GOOD, or EXCELLENT rating icons at your convenience. Thank you.