Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I purchased a new Kindle Reader to replace an old one.I

Customer Question

I purchased a new Kindle Reader to replace an old one.I cannot set it up.I have no record of the old password.I have had two temporary passwords issued without success-this is my third try.Please help.Norman Anderson.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Resetting your Kindle will remove your personal information (including your lock screen passcode), Amazon account information, and downloaded content. Any content you purchased from Amazon is automatically saved to the Cloud. You can download that content when you register your Kindle to your account again.

1. Tap the passcode field to bring up the onscreen keyboard.
  2. Type 111222777, and then tap OK. Your Kindle will restart.

To use your Kindle again, you'll need to connect to a wireless network and register your Kindle.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The old Kindle Reader is used mainly by my wife who does not want any of the content removed or lost.I want to set up the new Kindle I purchased to accept new books she will want to order,so I do not want to reset the old reader,just get the new one working.In trying to get the new Kindle Reader working I cannot proceed because I cannot find an acceptable password.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

To request a password *****:

1. Go to Forgot Your Password.
  2. Follow the on-screen instructions.

You may be asked to copy the text from a picture in a text entry box (commonly known as a "CAPTCHA"). Make sure to enter the letters in all-caps.

If you have a problem reading the "CAPTCHA," we'll give you a chance to try again with a different one. If you continue having an issue with the validation screen, contact us.

3. Follow the instructions in the e-mail sent to the e-mail address on your account.

Note: If you created your account with a mobile phone number, you'll receive an SMS message with instructions instead of an e-mail.

After you've created a new password, it will become active right away. You new password ***** be applicable for all Amazon related accounts.