Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

There is no sound coming out of my PC why not?

Customer Question

there is no sound coming out of my PC why not?
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.

Sir/Ma’am please provide the following details so that I can understand the issue you are facing more clearly
1. What is the make and model of the PC?

2.Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it windows Xp,Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 or any other

3.Is the volume icon on the system tray which is on the lower right corner of the screen X marked?

Sincerely,

Note: - Please keep this conversation/Chat page opened to view my replies quickly.To reply back to me use the reply box below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hp don't know about 8 tears old.windows 10.No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The PC ts about 8 years old
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the details.

Is this a desktop or laptop PC?

Did this sound issue started after you upgraded it to windows 10?

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
desktop yes
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.Most likely this is a compatibility issue with your desktop's sound driver and windows 10,we will check it

Could you please check on the front or back on the HP tower to find out the model? example for a model is HP Pavilion 17-f002na

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it is DX4120
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you but sorry to say that i cannot find the HP details using that model.

May i remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all it says on the front is HP compaq, anything on the back I can't read!
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

Please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=e3a7c81f-c1fc-4f4b-8f34-e0e2e1e9b53d that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it.if it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

Sincerely,

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Sir/Ma'am it seems i got disconnected from the PC,Did the PC shut down or restart ?

Sincerely,

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Sir i didn't get any reply from you after i got disconnected from remote support.

Could you please let me know the status of the sound issue on your PC.

Sincerely,