Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have windows 7 64bit system. I am using a FREETALK 5791

Customer Question

I have windows 7 64bit system. I am using a FREETALK 5791 headset.
About every 15 seconds I get a buzzing sound. When I am using Dragon Naturally speaking it interprets it as the word "him".
How can I get rid of this repeated buzzing sound?
I am hard of hearing as well and would like more volume from my headset.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your head set.

the head set it connected to a desktop computer or a laptop?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Desktop, don't have the problem with laptop.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

and when you use it on skype do you get the buzzing or humming sound too on the desktop?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think that I do have the problem on Skype but I have not tried it in a long time. As I said I am hard of hearing and try to avoid talking on a phone at all.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

not a problem you dont need to the phone call service. let me know what all devices are connected to the desktop computer and when did the problem started.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a printer, fax, scanner HP Officejet Pro 8500A. I don't remember when the problem started. At 88 yrs it is easy to forget.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Try to unplug the printer or turn the printer off and then try to use the headphone. Please check the printer is connected fine and the cable is not loose.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have unplugged the printer and I still get to buzzing sound.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

unplug and replug the headset jack on the sound port make sure its inserted in corectly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With the Freetalk the connection is thru USB and I have unplugged it and replugged it and still get the sound
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

your pc is connected to the wall socket directly or it connected through a surge protector.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Plugged into a Protection device.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

shut down the pc and then connect the pc directly to the wall by pass the surge protector and the check if the buzzng goes off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I reestablish contact with you if I shut off my computer?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

open your justanswer email you will get a button view my answer click on it and this chat will relaunch.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Disconnect power protection and still have the buzz.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

one last test we need to perform do you have a normal earplug or a headphone with a 3.5mm, try connecting it and check if you get the same noise.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I Plugged an ebud into the green jack and got nothing. I think that this repair is not going to work. I am too old I suppose!
I appreciate your input but I still have the same problem. I think it is going to take hands on approach. I don't think that I owe you the 36 dollars but not totally your fault.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

when you plug in the earbud you do not get the buzzing sound on it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got no sound at all, nothing!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I event went to news feed on AOL and head absolutely nothing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I replugged the headset, and for a time I could hear clearly with out the buz but it eventually came back
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

the buzz came back?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the buzz is back.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

i can make out and understand the the problem is with the sound driver now however it need to be uninstalled and then reinstalled back after rebooting the computer must fix the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I checked the driver update, I was told that the driver was ok. How do I uninstall and reinstall the driver?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

go to device manager and under sound video and game controller remove all the entries and then reboot the computer it should pick the driver and install it and if not run windows update to install the driver. Let me know what sould driver is listed in there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I deleted the Freetalk driver in Device Manager and when computer rebooted it said that the Freetalk driver had been installed successfully. But, I still have the buzzing sound as before.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Not the free talk driver you have to remove the pc sound driver from the device manager

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went back to device manager and the only files there are:
Freetalk Wireless Headset
High Definition Audio Device
High Definition Audio Device
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

open device manager and not the .rft file

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

There is an optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($12). It is 100% safe which will allow me directly work on the problem and can be fixed quickly, you can sit back and watch your screen while i fix it for you. Let me know if you need the additional service or else we can continue with the service you have already opted for.
let me know if you want to opt for remote assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is exactly what I did the attached file is is copy of what is there.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

click on the start and seach box type in device manager you will see the icon then you click on it and that should open.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The identical place that is pictured with a copy of what was on the screen with SnagIt.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

that means the device manager windows is not opening and instead you get the .rft file?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The .rft file is a wordpad file that has a copy of the Device Manager as I viewed it in Device Manager. I just wanted you to see what I had done.
We are getting nowhere!
Goodbye!
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

I will open the question to other experts for there views and inputs.

Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

DearCustomer

My name is ***** ***** of the expert in computer category. I would like to assist you with your issue. I don't want to waste your time but wish you to perform an activity and see if it makes a difference.

Before that i would like to know if you are still interested to continue with the question

Regards,

Fiyaz