Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have an asus tp500l. it has completely hung. i cant key in

Customer Question

i have an asus tp500l.
it has completely hung.
i cant key in anything.
i have removed the power supply and it does NOTHING.
I have a dead computer
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you remove the power supply then hold the power button in for 60 seconds then release.

Then connect the power supply and tell me please if it now starts.

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing happens after 2 minutes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Do you see any lights or hear anything from the fan?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the airplane light is on. the computer is fully charged. it is a a refurbished computer that i have only had for one day. it worked fine until I tried removing mcafee. then it crapped itself and nothing....
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, can you power it off.

Then try starting it without the power cable connected.

What then happens?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i cant power it off at all. no keyboarrd key works. its plain hung.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

It is the chipset on the motherboard that has faulted. This processes the commands to the computer, and its not registering any.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Laptop to have the motherboard replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is not helpful. I could came to the same conclusion an hour ago but you seemed confident in solving the problem. . the reason I was prepared to pay was because i am desperate and it is the weekend. Please arrange a refund because i am not satisfied.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

your paying for the service to either confirm the problem or resolve it. Not all problems can be fixed online, and I confirmed the issue for you. I am not sure how you could come to this conclusion without doing the steps we did... but I have requested a refund, so you received the service without having to pay for it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how is the problem resolved? you couldn't fix it with me. you told me the patient was dead just like i told you it was before you stared. BUT YOU TOOK 50 BUCKS TO RESUSCITATE IT AND YOU COULDN'T. I am not remotely satisfied. If you wont offer me a refund like your site guarantees, I will complain to paypal and a get a refund from them. This is not a good look for an 'expert'.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I answered the question, that's the service if we worked only on getting the computer going again, then no one would have answered your question in the first place. but as I mentioned a refund has been requested for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry. I didn't realise you had requested a refund. I am using a tiny computer and cant see the whole screen. When can I expect the refund to go through.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

you would need to ask customer service on***@******.*** as I am only an engineer here.