Hello. My name is, Mike. I would like to try and step in and assist. I only ask that you try to be a little patient as there is a lot going on here. I can certainly understand you anger over the situation. I see the majority of the most recent posts refer to your your phone. But you are also concerned with your other accounts being hacked.
Let's start with them getting access to your devices. So the only way they can access your devices remotely is through a network connect. The first thing you need to do is disable the network connections on all of your effected devices (e.g. laptop and phone).
You can do this by turning off the wifi switch on your laptop and enabling Airplane Mode on your Nokia phone. Once you have done that you can still boot up the devices and the hackers will not have access to them. It is from this point that you start sanitizing the devices. So lets start with your laptop and your external drive.
1) The best recommendation here is to take it to a computer service center like Geeksquad. Before you get upset with this recommendation allow me to explain. This is because they will have the tools to safely scan your laptop and external hard drive. They can also backup any uninfected files and do what is called re-imaging of the hard drives. This essentially is wiping your computer and external hard drive clean and from there they can reload the operating system and any of the uninfected files from the backup. This will address your laptop issue. Additionally to address your deleted files they can runs forensic recovery software that will scan the laptop for any deleted files. When files are deleted they can generally still be recovered if the slack space or opens space of the hard drive has not been wiped. When you delete files you are essentially freeing up the space on the hard drive where that file resided until a new file overwrites that now open space. This means that with the right recovery software you can recover deleted files that have not been written over yet. Now if a slack space wipe has been performed you will not be able to recover any deleted files. That is because the slack space wipe writes over all of the open space on the hard drive where any deleted files previously resided.
2)Now lets look at your phone issue. Just like with your laptop you need to disable the network connection. You do this by enabling Airplane mode. This will allow you to turn on the phone but it will not connected to the cellphone network or wifi signals. Here are the instructions for enabling the Airplane Mode:
Once that is done you can perform a factory reset of the phone. Here are the instructions on how to perform the factory reset:
3) The next issue to tackle is your MS account. Given that your phone is a Window phone I imagine you have a lot that is tied into this one account. To do this you need to go to the page below and click the option for "I think someone else is using my account":
Then you will get a drop down menu where you can select the "Other" reason and explain the issue. This is how you have to get in touch with MS support so you can recover your account.
4) Now you must work on recovering each of your other accounts. This can be a bit of a process as each provider will have their own steps required for hacked account recovery. Below I have provided information for a few of the most popular types of accounts:
The first thing you need to do is gain control of your primary email account associated with your other accounts. Once you do that you can follow password ***** steps for those other accounts.
You can do this by going to the following link and following my instructions below:
For Topic 1 choose: "Password ***** sign in"
For Sub-Topic 2 choose: "Change password"
For Recommended Options 3 choose: "Email"
This will take you to a Yahoo customer service email contact form. Fill out all of the pertinent information and Yahoo will contact you to help resolve the issue.
Please go the following link:
1) Click on "I don't know my password."
2) Type in the email address and hit "Continue"
3) Enter the captcha code and "Continue"
4) Next page where it asks you to enter the last password ***** remember, hit "I don't know."
5) Next page it may display a secondary email address attached to the account. If you do not recognize the secondary email account, below the "Continue" button in small text click on "Verify your identity" which is in blue text.
6) Then it will ask you for an email address they can use to contact you. Type in your email address and "Continue"
7) Then continue with the verification questions.
Go to the following link:
Follow the instructions under "Contact Customer Support."
You will notice the first item is to fill out their online support form. After completing the form they will open a support ticket and you will receive a ticket number which you didn't previously have.
Then you can call them using the numbers they provide in the second step.
Dropbox recover deleted files:
You are going to want to do all of your account recovery work from an uninfected computer (e.g. computer lab or library computer). Please understand that this is a complex issue with no simple solution. It will take a lot of work. The last thing you need to do is is reconfigure your wifi router. If your password ***** your wifi network has been changed, you can press and hold the reset button on the router and it will reset it back to factory out of the box settings. From there you can set up and secure your network again with a new password.
Best of luck to you.