Joel
Joel, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  MInfoSysSec, Certified Information Systems Security Professional CISSP #353381, CompTIA Network+ Linux+ Security+
90483924

I have MacBook Pro and iPhone at home on my Wifi I am

Customer Question

Hello, I have MacBook Pro and iPhone at home on my Wifi I am getting this message:
You don't have permission to access "http://www.stubhub.com/" on this server." When trying to access Stubhub, even though I purchased from them twice in the last month on this computer at home. Now, I'm blocked at home, take the laptop elsewhere and no problem. I've rebooted, router & modem, cleared caches and histories, no success still. Help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Joel replied 1 year ago.

Hi Neal, I'm Joel, hopefully I can assist you today.

It sounds like they have blocked your IP or ISP for some reason. What ISP are you with and when was the last time you were able to successfully access? I'm not familar with stubhub, but is this another one of their sites here: http://www.stubhubcenter.com/ ? Just wondering if you are able to access that one?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Joel, I am with Time Warner, that's where the issue is, anywhere else I take this laptop and I can access. I purchased from the stub hub website from this laptop from home twice in the last month. I can access Stubhubcenter website; that is a 12000 seat venue that they paid to name, it is not the ticket selling site.
Expert:  Joel replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Neal,

Yeah unfortunately it does sound like an ISP related issue. I know other ticket based sites like Ticketek also do IP blocking sometimes for suspicious behavior they may have detected coming from a particular IP and in most cases the IP is shared so other customers will hit the block on occasion though it is temporary.

I think the only thing to do here would be to contact stubhub with your details (IP address and ISP) and confirm with them why you are unable to access the site. I can grab their contact number: U.S. and Canada 1.***-***-**** Toll free

Let me know if I can help further,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Joel,I had already contacted Stubhub tech support and they claim they do not block any IP addresses or ISPs. If this is Time Warner, what triggered them to block me from this site? How could it happen or not happen to any other site? There has to be a reason beyond by router and modem? So, I still have the same problem. I had found an Apple Community Support answer involving clearing history & caches for this issue claiming to have resolved, but not for me. I guess I have to contact Time Warner.
Expert:  Joel replied 1 year ago.

I would say your Macbook is fine since it works when your not using Time Warner. It has be either stubhub or your ISP is doing something, so I would give them a call just to find be sure. I don't believe it is a problem with your router. One thing that wouldnt hurt to try anyway would be to power off your router/modem for at least 15 minutes, then power them back on this should force you to obtain a new IP address and then try accessing the site again. Let me know how you go

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Joel, I have done the long, deep power cycle and I had already contacted Stubhub. They are easier to get to than time warner, but it appears that is my only avenue. Again, I express general concern that if it can happen once, it can happen again and I don't know why. Thanks
Expert:  Joel replied 1 year ago.

I agree, hopefully Time Warner can provide you an answer. Sorry I was unable to assist further