Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My computer will not boot windows 7

Customer Question

My computer will not boot windows 7
Category: Computer
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** am sorry you have encountered a computer complication. Can you tell me more about what is going on and what you are experiencing and what error messages you are getting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I boot up the computer (Gateway w/win 7) it gets as far as Starting Windows and hangs up. It then starts the boot up sequence again and continues the loop. I ran the Gateway 4 disc recovery program and it results in "Cannot configure Windows for this hardware...". Also tried other rescue discs,, but no help...

I see is this the original recovery disk that came with your machine?

Is this the original recovery software that came with the machine or did you burn the software?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is the 4 disc "Gateway Recovery Management " set that I downloaded when I purchased the machine.

OK I want to check and see if your machine has a built in recovery partition. Can you provide the model number or serial number for the machine please. From what it sounds like those recovery disks are not original which is why there are failing.