Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Networks & Security Engineer
76221641

Two problems 1. the mouse on my Yoga 2 pro touchpad has

Customer Question

two problems
1. the mouse on my Yoga 2 pro touchpad has stopped working. external mouse still works fine.
2. the volume meter can be turned up Ok but then automatically returns to the silent mode
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, for the first problem can you press Fn + F5 keys and check.

for youe second problem : are you using skype or you have other VOIP software installed on your computer?

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried Fn+F5 but nothing seemed to happen
For my second issue I have been using Skype
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The mouse problem started after installing Windows 10 if that helps
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

For problem 2 :

click Start > control pannel> sound ad select the device "speakers and dual headphone on the bottom right > Click properties

it will open property pannel for the selected device and you will see following tabs
general | Customs | levels | Enhancements | Advanced

go to advanced tab and uncheck where it says Allow application to take exclusive control of this device

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

For problem 1 :

please try this :

click start and type mmc devmgmt.msc in the search box and hit enter, the device manager window will show up, scroll down to mouse menu

right-click on your mouse driver then select update

restart your computer and let me know the results

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Still having problems
Device driver is telling me the most up to date driver is installed for mouse
I could not find the speakers and dual headphone tab in the device manager
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Would you like me to set up a remote session (NO extra charge), which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and assist you with this issue?

thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would but I have to leave for a meeting right now. Could we schedule a time later tonight or tomorrow?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

yes of course, let me know when you are available

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would be available at 8pm ET this evening.
How do I contract you directly
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

that will be ok for me, you can bookmark this page or you can save this link to your computer :

http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/836b87a50f5b41029c7a67413e62c767

thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

If you will not be available at 8pm, please try this and let me know the results :

Problem 1 :

1-Click on the Start, Go to settings option , go to devices, click on mouse and touchpad, scroll down to additional mouse options, click on the ELAN option.

2-uncheck "Disable when external USB pointing device plug in" then click on enable device button

click apply then ok.

3-go back to the ELAN window and this time, click on Hardware option, double click on "ELAN Input Device" and click change the settings. now click the driver tab and click roll back device then click yes.

4-Restart your computer and check.

Problem 2 :

Open Sound applet from Control Panel. or type mmsys.cpl command in RUN or Start menu searchbox. Or right-click on Speaker icon present in system tray and select "Playback devices" or "Recording devices" or "Sounds" option.

Now go to Communications tab and check the option Do nothing and Apply it.

the problem shoud be fixed now

let me know if you need further help

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.If you have a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the faces below, positive ratings are appreciated. if you still need help, please reply back to me and i will gladly continue to help you

Note: Please do not rate an answer as poor or bad service if you are not satisfied, but please let me open your question to other experts, if we cant help you solve the issue you will be entitled to a full refund.

regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you available to do a remote session right now?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

yes, please download Teamviewer from : www.teamviewer.com once you download it please run it. It will give you an ID and a password. Please tell me the ID and the password ***** I can connect to your desktop and fix the problem remotely.

Note : do not close teamviewer

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the ID is 394 213 949
password ***** *****
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

let me know the results please

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

regards,

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

has everything worked out please?

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

If you have a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the faces below, positive ratings are appreciated. if you still need help, please reply back to me and i will gladly continue to help you

Note: Please do not rate an answer as poor or bad service if you are not satisfied

regards,