Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

Canon imageCLASS D660. It needs to be 64 bit and isn't

Customer Question

Canon imageCLASS D660. It needs to be 64 bit and isn't available from the Canon website. I would be happy to have a universal 64 bit driver though!
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to add this to the original question if I knew how! So it appears I keeps creating a new thread. Sorry!
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com

Im not sure I quite understand fully.

You are in need of a 64 bit driver, for a Canon Image CLASS D660....and its not available on their website?

What are you trying to accomplish exactly, or what are you trying to install?

The way 32 bit, and 64 bit drivers work, unfortunately do not lend to a "universal" driver, as you have mentioned.

Device drivers designed for the 32-bit version of Windows don't work on computers running a 64-bit version of Windows. If you're trying to install a printer or other device that only has 32-bit drivers available, it won't work correctly on a 64-bit version of Windows.

Your ONLY option is to use a 32 bit OS, to match the driver.

You could run a VIRTUAL machine, and install the printer and river that way.

You could, downgrade from 64 bit OS, to a 32 bit OS.

You could add another computer, only used for the printer, and then dedicate that computer as the print server.