How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Quiksilver07070 Your Own Question

Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Category: Computer
Satisfied Customers: 793
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
Type Your Computer Question Here...
Quiksilver07070 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A year or so ago I had so many problems I decided to erase

Customer Question

a year or so ago I had so many problems I decided to erase the operating system and reloade it I reloaaded with a disk that came with another computer, now, Iget messages Thai have an illegal operating system.
Can you restore, or better, will you restore the original operating systemI
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing just answer.

If you don't have the copy of Windows that came with THAT computer, whether its the recovery CDs or drive, then you would have to purchase windows.

You cant use discs for other computers, doesn't work that way unfortunately. But you are allowed to re-insall.

You should CALL Microsoft, and explain to them, they will issue you a new product key.

1. Press Windows key + X then clickRun, then type: slui.exe 4

2. Next press the 'ENTER' key

3. Select your 'Country' from the list.

4. Choose the 'Phone Activation' option.

5. Stay on the phone (do not select/press any options) and wait for a person to help you with activation.

6. Explain your problem clearly to the support person.

Related Computer Questions