Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My Dell Venue 11 Pro 7140 tablet died and Dell Support was

Customer Question

My Dell Venue 11 Pro 7140 tablet died and Dell Support was not able to get it restarted after a phone intervention call. NOW Dell keeps scheduling repairs that never happen. Dell claims that they are "sending parts to the repair service" but the tablet is a unified design - everything on the motherboard. How can I get Dell to stop lying to me and replace my tablet?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cpolarek replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your question today. I have a few of those dell venue 11's and know exactly what you're talking about. I also know that the support on them is very very poor. Having worked with dell for 15 yrs or so, I can tell you that sometimes "sending parts" means sending out a replacement tablet without battery and back panel. I would call support, get the US based support and ask them how you need to go about getting this item replaced (not fixed) If it's in transit, ask for the part number being sent, and then run that part number on google to make sure it's the whole system.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have alredy tried exactly the tactics that you suggest. Now tech support is sticking to their story.... I have to wait for. "Part" and the repair service keeps scheduling a new service call every day & then when no serviceperson appears, they tell me to call Dell. I will only pay you the $35 when YOU either get the replacement shipped or a repair person actually comes. I believe the priblem is that Dell has no more of these tablets with the Core M 5y-10 processors and only 64 GB sshd's. That was a trick sale to get rid of those tiny sshd's. They will have to upgrade me- 256 GB is about the notm for this upscale cinfiguration. Can you help?
Expert:  Cpolarek replied 1 year ago.

I don't think I will be able to help you with the calling and fighting with Dell part of the situation. I will open the ticket up to others and see if they have some input other than what I've mentioned. ​

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that all you have to offer? I will pay you to use your extensive insider knowledgeat Dell to get a replacement shipped. Otherwise I would be paying for another run around.
Expert:  SladeV replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** will help you too the best of my ability. How long ago have you sent this off for Dell too look at it?