Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I purchased the Film2USB Converter a few days ago to scan

Customer Question

I purchased the Film2USB Converter a few days ago to scan some 30, 35mm slides into my computer for use in a book. I followed the directions and scanned the slides into the converter successfully, but, again following directions, they refuse to migrate into my PC. I checked every avenue and pathway on my PC, and the transfer is nowhere to be found. I give up.
Tom
Category: Computer
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 1 year ago.

Transfer Images to Your Computer To transfer images from the Film2USB Converter’s memory card to your computer, use the following steps:

1. If you are powering the Film2USB Converter from the power adapter, turn off the Film2USB Converter, unplug the USB cable from the adapter and plug it into the USB port on your computer. Then turn the Film2USB Converter on.

2. Press the Menu button to open the Main Menu, use the Up () and Down () buttons to navigate to the USB MSDC icon, and press the OK button.

3. When the Film2USB Converter establishes communications with the computer, the Film2USB Converter’s screen will turn black.

4. The memory card will appear on to your computer as a removable external drive.

5. Open the external drive. You will see a folder named DCIM. Inside this folder is another folder named 100MEDIA; this folder contains the images. Open this folder, select the images, and copy or drag them to another folder on your computer’s internal drive. Alternatively, your computer may be equipped with software for downloading and organizing photos. If it is, you can use this software to download and store images from the Film2USB Converter, instead of the method described above.

6. Close or eject removable drive using the method appropriate to your computer and operating system. 7. Press the Menu button to return the Film2USB Converter to Capture mode.

Please let me know if it works.