Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My artixscan 2500f will not initialize

Customer Question

my artixscan 2500f will not initialize
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
never mind i got it
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I am glad to hear that you solved the problem, but I think you deserve an answer or at least a response anyway.

If a device is not initializing, it might be a temporary indisposition of the electronic circuitry in it, possibly caused either by a surge on the power line, or by a static electricity discharge into the device.

A surge protector for any electronic device of value, is an investment that always pays off in the long run. And static discharge, even when too faint to be felt, is often associated with wearing woolen garments (except wool socks, which can affect devices very little) or having glass or vinyl sheeting around or under the device.

Thank you for bringing your question to us here at JustAnswer.com. I hope your experience was such that you will return at another time to this site, to ask another question or questions should you have need.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I cover the scanner with plastic. So that might be it when I leave the plastic off and turn the scanner on and off several times it finally initializes thanks for your expert help
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. Good luck with it... if the plastic is anti-static it might help slightly. But to eliminate static discharge, a simple rule applies:

Touch metal before first touching the device. Any large metal object will dissipate static accumulation on the fingers.