Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I woke up and somehow overnight, everything on my screen is

Customer Question

hi I woke up and somehow overnight, everything on my screen is huge. I have windows 10. how do I fix it please?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please right-click on the Start button (which is the windows logo icon at the bottom left of the computer's screen), then click on Control Panel

, then open Appearance and Personalization if available, then open Display

, then click on Adjust resolution on the left

, then there, increase the Resolution numbers, then click on Apply / OK and check. Try each resolution until you like it.

(Note: Another way to open Control Panel is to press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type control then click OK, then Control Panel window will open.)

- Another method to fix this issue: Right-click on an empty space on the Desktop screen, then click on Display settings

, then usually, you want to the option Change the size of text, apps, and other items set to 100%.

, then click on the option Advanced display settings at the bottom right (scroll down on the right if needed)

, then increase the Resolution numbers there, then click on Keep changes; you can try each resolution option until you like it best.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Solution #3:

- Press at the same time the two keys Windows logo key and the Esc key on the keyboard, then check.

(Or if you see a magnifying glass icon, then click on it, then select the Close button on the Magnifier toolbar, then check.)

- If needed, press and hold the Power on/off button on the computer for about 10 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

Please reply back. Thank you.

Do you still need help with this? And/or is there still any issue? Please reply at the box below, so I can help further as needed. Thank you.