Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I am trying to create a System Recovery USB, but get told

Customer Question

I am trying to create a System Recovery USB, but get told that 'ÇD Creator has stopped working.' Action by Windows to identify and correct the error does not work.
I can send a screen shot if an e-mail address can be provided.
JLM
Bowral, Australia
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

you are trying to run system restore on the computer or you are trying to create a recovery disk on a usb flash drive?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Trying to create a recovery disk on USB
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

My apology for the delay, i had to reboot my pc, let me know the windows version you want to create a recovery disk i will give you the steps

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 10
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

To create a USB recovery drive

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.)

2. Enter recovery drive in the search box, and then tap or click Create a recovery drive. You might be asked for an admin password ***** to confirm your choice.

3. After the recovery drive tool opens, make sure the Copy the recovery partition from the PC to the recovery drive check box is selected, and then tap or click Next.

4. Insert a USB flash drive into your PC that is at least as large as the size indicated on the screen.

5. Tap or click the USB drive you would like to use for your recovery drive, then tap or click Next.

6. Tap or click Create.

The recovery image and necessary recovery tools will be copied to your USB flash drive, which will take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the recovery image.

7. When the process is done, do one of the following:

• If you want to keep the recovery partition on your PC, tap or click Finish.

• If you want to remove the recovery partition from your PC and free up disk space, tap or click Delete the recovery partition. Then tap or click Delete. This will free up the disk space used to store your recovery image. When the removal is done, tap or click Finish.

8. Remove the USB flash drive.

This is now your Windows***** and you'll need it if you ever need to refresh or reset your PC. Keep it in a safe place and don't use it to store other files or data.