Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I want to make ATT.net my permanent homepage.. it keep on

Customer Question

I want to make ATT.net my permanent homepage. . it keep on disappearing on me . what can i do
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. So when you make Att.net as your homepage, it just disappears. What is the home page it is showing now?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?

What is your Internet browser program, such as Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Chrome, etc.?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

It looks like you are not there. Assuming you use Internet Explorer, then please try the following fix:

1. Close all Internet Explorer windows / websites.
  2. Open click Control Panel.
    (If needed, press at the same time the two keys Windows and R then type control then click OK, then Control Panel window will open.)
  3. Open Network and Internet if available; open Internet Options.
  4. Then click on Delete and delete only temporary internet files.
  5. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
  6. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
  7. Then click on Close.
  8. Then open Internet Options again
  9. Then delete everything in the Home page box
  10. Then type yahoo.com in the Home page box.
  11. Then click on OK at the bottom.
  12. Then open Internet and check ; keep default options. If needed, close Internet, then re-open it again and check.

- If that does not work, please download / install the Google Chrome at the website below:

https://www.google.com/chrome/

; keep default option during installation, and when prompted to sign in Google account, just cancel / skip it

, then in the Google Chrome program, click on the 3-bar icon at the upper right corner, then click on Settings, then below the section On startup, click on the option Set pages, then click in the box and type yahoo.com then click OK

, then close Google Chrome program, then re-open Google Chrome and use it and check.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.