Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I have the Adobe Flash Player popup that never goes away...I

Customer Question

I have the Adobe Flash Player popup that never goes away...I have tried uninstalling all of the adobe products but one of them will not uninstall until I close internet exployer which is not running...is the pop up running on this? I tried thei a few days ago and was successful in removing the popup but I got a phone call from a foreign voice out of the blue forcefully telling me my hard drive would be destroyed if I didn't follow her instructions and allow them to taks control of my computer...and I gave her the run around and finally hung up on her...very abusive and how did they even know I had problems....anyway...I reinstalled Adobe programs and it is back...help.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. That was a scam; no one knows your computer issue; they just pretend; it seems you accidentally downloaded a bad program to your computer or clicked on a bad website, etc.

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

If you shut down the computer, then turn it back on, then right away, without opening anything, just go to straight Control Panel, does it let you uninstall?

Do you see any new / strange program got installed also? If yes, can you uninstall it?

If needed, to completely close Internet Explorer program, you can press at the same time the 3 keys Ctrl, Alt, Del then click on Task Manager option if shown

, then click on the Processes tab at the top, then click on Image Name tab to sort the items in the list

, then if you see any iexplore.exe item in the list, then click on it, then click on End Process button at the bottom, then click on Yes.

- Please try the following fix:

1. Shut down / restart the computer and do not open anything, but do the followings:
  2. Click Start , and then click Control Panel.
  3. Open Network and Internet if available, open Internet Options.
  4. Then click on Delete and delete only temporary internet files.
  5. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
  6. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
    (If it asks to close Internet Explorer, then try my steps previously for how to end process all iexplore.exe item(s), then continue.)
  7. Then close, then open Internet Explorer and check (keep default options.)

- If it does not work, please download / install the free version of the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software at the website below:

https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/thankyou/

, then use it to scan / fix your computer and check

- If needed, please download / install the Google Chrome program at the website below:

https://www.google.com/chrome/

, keep default option during installation, and when prompted to sign in Google account, then skip / cancel it

, then close Internet Explorer, then open the Google Chrome program and use Google Chrome program for Internet / websites.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.