Gary Jensen
Gary Jensen,
Experience:  Functional Systems Administrator at Hill Air Force Base, OO-ALC/309SMXG
13452844

I've recently changed my web address & launched a new

Customer Question

I've recently changed my web address & launched a new website through Vistaprint, but the old name is ***** ***** on Google search if someone types in my name, & as it no longer exists I can't be reached at that address. Can you help? How do I get the NEW web address on Google search? Do I go through You, or does it have to be done through Vistaprint? My NEW address is: XXXXX.com.au The OLD was : XXXXXX.vpweb.com.au. Many thanks, ***** ***@******.***
Category: Computer
Expert:  Gary Jensen replied 1 year ago.

Hello there, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I'm sorry this is happening. Fortunately, Google has a tool called the "Change of Address Tool" to update your web addresses. You can find this process in the link below:

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/83106?hl=en

You do have to be the verified site owner, but assuming this is the case you should be good! There are several steps, including verifying that your migration is complete before making the request. Just follow the directions, and you should be able to get the updated address without affecting the search results Google currently displays.

I hope this provides you with the information you need to transition this smoothly!

Cheers,

Gary

If anything is unclear, please reply and I will do my best to clarify.

Gary

This is Gary from JustAnswer. Just checking in to see if I was able to help you with your problem. Please let me know.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Gary,Sorry not to have replied, thank you for your answer. I'm waiting on verification of my google+ account before it will let me do anything. I must point out I'm really non savvy technology wise, and it takes a great deal of time for me to work stuff out. The steps you suggested sound quite simple, but without the verification code I don't know if there's anything else I can do. Thanks for your patience.regards,Sharon

OK Sharon. Unfortunately, the verification code is something you have to do on your own. Best of luck. Let me know if I can assist in any other way!

Gary