Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I was having trouble load crome and so I deleted it

Customer Question

I was having trouble load crome and so I deleted it redownloaded it the problem is still there it will not load a screen comes up and says ..On snap something went wrong while displaying this web page closing the apps and tab that you don't need may help by making more memory ... the compatible troubler shooter says it is an incompatible program I am running windows 8 . 1
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you please download and run the Chrome Cleanup Tool from my link below

https://www.google.com/chrome/cleanup-tool/

Once you have run it, open Chrome and tell me if it now functions please.

Let me know the results.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This did not resolve my problem
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

Can you press the windows key + R

Type in

%temp%

Press enter

Delete all the files and folders listed there. You can skip any files windows says are in use.

Once done, restart the computer and tell me if Chrome still has the issue please

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did as you told me and still did not correct my problem it says I have either a missing or corrupt mantifest file
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, can you in Chrome click on the three bars in the top right then click on Settings.

Then go to the bottom of the new page and click on Show Advance Settings.

then at the bottom click on Reset Settings.

Once done, close Chrome, Open it and tell me if you still get the error please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried every thing you asked me to do nothing worked.. I finally took it in for repairs they had to reset my computer back to default settings ..because of this I think you should refund me my cost back because you were not able to fix my problem .. thank you in advance for taking care of this matter