Dan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.
1567601

My Lenovo Y410P Windows 10 keeps going to the Recovery page

Customer Question

My Lenovo Y410P Windows 10 keeps going to the Recovery page when it starts up. "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired." Boot Config Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system.
File: \BCD
Error Code: 0xc0000098
You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer.
However, I don't have recovery tools on hand. Also, I thought of using the OneKey Recovery but I'm afraid the initial backup will erase programs and files that I need for classes.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. You can download Windows 10 and burn it to a DVD then use it to do a repair. I suspect the corruption most likely came from your computer periodically restarting? You should try to resolve that as soon as possible so you don't end up in an unrecoverable situation. Make sure you make a backup of all of your important data as well just in case. You could also connect an external monitor if you have one available to keep your computer from restarting.