Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My ASUS computer has Windows 7, and it suddenly locked on

Customer Question

My ASUS computer has Windows 7, and it suddenly locked on Windows Media Center, and will not move off, nor will it actually operate as Media Center. It shows desktop, but will not activate any program. I have been advised that the operating system has been corrupted, and I need to reinstall Windows, but the system was preinstalled when I bought the computer, and I don't have a program disc. Can you help me?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

If you press the windows key + R does the run dialogue box show where you can type in it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Richard,
I don't type very well, and I had a long conversation with a customer service agent before we were able to get the payment details worked out, but now I am back. Do you have any further questions you need to ask?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok, press the windows key + R on the Asus and type in rstrui.exe

Press enter

Follow the onscreen instructions and perform a system restore choosing a restore date from before this problem occurred.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if the Asus is now functioning again please.