Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

I was sent some files in IAB format. I understand that is an

Customer Question

I was sent some files in IAB format. I understand that is an Iomega product. How do I open such files?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing just answer.

IAB file is an Iomega Automatic Backup Data. Iomega Automatic Backup is a backup utility that is intended to help users implement automated backup of their important files or data.

Its a very specific file extension, and you would need to use the same utility that MADE the file. The Iomega Auto Backup Utility.

I found a copy here you can download and use to open the file.

http://www.pcpitstop.com/libraries/fileextension/application.asp?appname=livesystem.exe.html

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The link does not lead to a downloadable, usable utility. What do I do now?

Pleasestand by.

The link I gave you is broken apparently. Im finding a replacement.

okay, after some research I found out that the file extension IAB was made by IOMEGA, and they were bought out by Lenovo EMC.

Unfortunately the IAB files are NO LONGER supported, and the utility that was used to create the IAB files is ALSO no longer supported, which means it is no longer available for download from IOMEGA, because IOMEGA doesn't exist anymore.

Im trying to find a solution.....but it may be possible that those IAB files need to be converted before they can be viewed.

IM checking for an application that will convert.

Sorry to report that because IOMEGA was bought out, they stopped supporting their file extensions of .IAB

What does this mean, and how can you open the file to restore?

The ONLY way to do open and view the files within the .IAB file is to use the SAME IOMEGA utility that MADE the .iab files.

WHomever sent you the IAB file, might know who created the file, and might have access to the machine that creted the file, which would also have the utility (IOMEGA AUTO BACKUP UTILITY)

Basically, you need the Utility to open and view.....the convertors don't work....the utility is no lnger being offered for download from IOMEGA o Lenovo.

The last option for folks who need this resolved, are instructed to contact LenovoEMC directly, to explain.

Lenovo is taking these requests one by one, and handling them on a case by case basis.

Contact Lenovo, as there are no resources available to the general public to solve this.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/globalproductselector?returnurl=find-solution&c=1