Dan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.
1567601

I have an Asus P5k Deluxe motherboard. in the setup menu, i

Customer Question

i have an Asus P5k Deluxe motherboard. in the setup menu, i accidentally turn on the RAID instead of IDE or AHCI...now my computer is just stuck on the bios screen...no matter what i do...it will not enter the setup menu so i can switch it back....how do i correct this problem???
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question, I look forward to assisting you today. My apologies, but I am unable to contact you by phone at this time. Would you still like me to assist you?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

What you can do is remove all power the remove the small nickel sized battery from the mother board. Leave it out for about a minute then replace it. That should reset the BIOS and correct the RAID setting.