Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I am running Windows 10, my Video Driver is the latest

Customer Question

I am running Windows 10, my Video Driver is the latest version for my Graphics card a Nvidia Gforce GT 610, Why does my cursor freeze on screen and my mouse stop responding until I do a restart? This is frequently occurring. In addition recently the cursor has starting flickering with a blue glow before freezing! All This only occurs on one particular computer. A Dell Vostro 400. All of my others computers work just fine.?? Neither Dell or Nvidia have been any help.
Category: Computer
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! You mentioned this is only happening on a particular computer, are you other computers also Vostro 400 w/ GT610 graphics card?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. My other computers are an HP desktop and HP Laptop they work just fine. The Dell Vostro 400 is my oldest system, circa 2007, to which I have upgraded to its maximum capabilities. I queried Dell for an HDMI monitor and Graphics card upgrade that would work with the computer and purchased the card and monitor they recommended which I am currently using. This all happened in the last few months. It co-insides with my upgrade to Widows 10. Neither Dell or Nvidia have been helpful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I searched for a driver with a version date prior to my updating to Windows 10. I then loaded that driver and the problem so far does not seem to be happening. The Driver version is # ***** with a release date of 8/13/2015. It looks like drivers with a release date after I upgraded to Windows 10 are where the problem lies, maybe. ? I will see what happens over the next few days. Did you determine what the cause of the problem was? Do you have any ideas or suggestions to resolve it? That is what is was looking for when I purchased your services. At this point I am no better off then I was resolving the problem on my own.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Date: 10/23/2015 As of today you have not helped me with my problem or even replied to my answer to your question. I am not getting the help I need. I am dissatisfied with your service and will request a refund of my purchase cost.