Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have a CM6870-US-3AD computer. It stopped running today.

Customer Question

I have a CM6870-US-3AD computer. It stopped running today. When I press the power button, it starts to blink, but does not start and does not show anything on the display. Any help would be appreciated.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your computer.

Let me know is it Asus desktop computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Unplug the power cable from the computer and unpug any usb device connected to the computer apart from keyboard and mouse.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

after disconnecting it now push and hold down the power button held it down for 40 seconds and release it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

connect only monitor keyboard and mouse and power it on let me know what you get.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Blinking light on power switch, no boot up.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

no Asus logo before it blinks?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No display activity whatsoever.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Any beep codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sounds
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

one last qustion. did you move the desktop from its original position.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

We have to diagnose the problem for that you will have to remove the side cover, facing the front remove the left side cover. Please note power cable must be only unplugged and please take prior shock hazard precaution. I will walk you through you would need a philips screwdriver as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This will take a few minutes, I will need to disconnect cables to move the computer before attempting to remove panels.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Take your time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, side panel off.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

you will have to check the hard disk cable unplug and replug it back then you check the RAM memory module remove it and install it back these two thing has to be unplugged and replugged.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, will do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

did you reseat both the drive and memory module and then tried turning on pc

did any display come

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At this point I have to hook the cables back up. Give me a few minutes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No change, fans on, power switch light blinking, no display.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

remove the memory modules and unplug the harddisk cable and then power on the pc and let me know if you hear any beep codes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No beep codes, as far as I can tell. Does not appear to be a speaker and headhones are USB.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

there is a beeper inbuilt on the mother board you dont need a speaker to get that beeps

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

if you dont get beeps codes when the memory in not installe that means there is a problem with the motherboard.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No beeps.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

1 long, 2 short Indicates a video error has occurred and the BIOS cannot initialize the video screen to display any additional information
1 long, 3 short Video card not detected (reseat video card) or bad video card
Beeps repeating endlessly RAM problem.
Repeated high frequency beeps while PC is running Overheating processor (CPU)
Repeated beeps alternating high & low frequency Issue with the processor (CPU), possibly damaged

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Again, no beeps.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

No Beeps No Power, Loose Card, or Short.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fans turning, CPU fan turning. Red light on Motherboard lit, blue LED on CPU mount lights shortly after fan starts for CPU.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

I have told you the best possible way to identify the motherboard without a diagnostic pci card and to check on which part of the motherboard is bad you would need a 4 digit diagnostic card which will tell which part of the motherboad is bad on dead.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Fan no cpu fan runs and flea power on the board comes up on directly from the power supply of the computer if there is no beep codes present on when you turn on that means there is a problem with the motherboard in some section.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are not getting any sound, but the bot***** *****ne is that you think that the problem is with the motherboard, correct.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

absolutely correct, as i said earlier you dont need a speaker to be connected as it already has an inbuilt beeper on the motherboard itself.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the beeper is part of what is not working.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

yes its a hardware component which is inbuit on the motherboard.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further.