Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

Best way to transfer files from one computer to another

Customer Question

Best way to transfer files from one computer to another computer, both upgraded to Windows 10
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why do U need my gmail password ***** send me an email?
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please do not provide email password ***** anyone. That's a different password; here, we mean, the password ***** your account at the JustAnswer support website.

- The best way is to use an external USB hard drive, or a USB flash drive. You would transfer folders / files from a computer to the USB drive, then transfer folders / files from the USB drive to another computer.

- Another way is to use the Dropbox app. This method requires Internet access on both computers. You would sign up for a Dropbox account at the website below:

http://www.dropbox.com/

, then download / install the Dropbox app on both computers and sign in the Dropbox app on both computers

, then you can put folders / files you want (on either computer) in the Dropbox folder, then those folders / files will show up in the Dropbox folder on each computer.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.