Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Thankyou, my email was hacked today and even though i have

Customer Question

Customer: hi , and thankyou, my email was hacked today and even though i have run a full PC scan since and gone to the host of my email and changed my email password ***** i still cant send emial from this email address and the 'input password' repeatedly comes up. I was wondering : if i delete my email account and then re set it again, in the meantime wil i lose all my emails in my different folders as i would hang on to work emails etc if required. any help would be so appreciated
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it was pws:win32/Dyzap.F was one of the viruses
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes i dont mind.
can i pay you by paypal....after getting hacked today...you can appreciate that i want to be even more careful...
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me for which email service this is for please? eg: Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
outlook express
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, thats your email program, I need to know please which email service it connects to

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am currently not on the PC that the problem is with ! i am only on that earlier on in the day ie. GMT time.
its as if outlook express is now rejecting my new password (but dont appear to have the same issues with same email account on my laptop) and it wont allow me to send any emails from this address now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it connects to gridhost
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, let me know when you are at the computer please, and the part of your email address after the @

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how will i connect with you tomorrow ? is there a link that you can post me that then will connect to you ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is that €39 in addtion to the €18 ????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont know how that will work as right now I seem to be 12 hours ahead of you ?!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok richard, i am at a bit of a loss here...i dont know where i stand regarding even the €18 that i have paid as i understood that if it could not be fixed via remote - that you would take me step by step through a solution instead ? can you please clarify?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

you return to this page here, just like you are doing now.

Yes it is in addition to the cost, else we continue here.

But as your not at the computer, there is nothing we can do at the moment as we cannot fix anything or even check anything if your not with the computer in question

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok well then I think , in this situation, as you dont work in same time zone, then best thing to do is refund me the the €18 that i have paid as you wont be able to assist me as you are not in the same time zone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you please refund me unless you can assist me in a different time zone ? as it is 19.31 my time