Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I did a free dl of win10 and now I'm locked out bc I 't

Customer Question

I did a free dl of win10 and now I'm locked out bc I don't remember my outlook password ***** I made a few days ago and forgot to write down bc I didn't know I'd need to sign in with it. I've been thru ALL the hoops trying to get this reset but I keep getting told I haven't given them enough info to follow up and make sure I'm not a robot! I'm going out of my mind. I've been locked out of my laptop for the past 3 days and it's driving me crazy not being able to get back in. I need an actual person to help me... the computers aren't doing a damn thing for me!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is it okay to reset the computer fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, with a new password ***** want?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have the win10 disk to do a rest & I can't lose everything on my system by reformatting!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't even get to the c-prompt just to take a look in my folders where I stored the damn password.

You do not need the disk. Do you have back up of your important data, such as documents, photos, etc.? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope. This was my backup. I'm on my dying laptop now that I already transferred everything from to the new laptop and deleted from here. Is there no backdoor around this stupid issue. I already wasted $$ on a password ***** and it didn't work.

Sorry, password ***** program won't work, it requires microsoft account (outlook) password. You should always have multiple copies of your data, i.e., on a USB drive also. The only way to get your data is to take out the hard drive and install it to a USB hard drive enclosure/adapter, then connect it to a working computer, then get your data

, then do a reset on the computer. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
More $$ wasted. How bout giving me a MS phone number to call and bite their heads off over this??

I'm sorry. You might want to request a refund for the password ***** program since it did not work.

I'm not affiliated with MS. I'm an independent computer tech. Unfortunately, Microsoft does not do live support for the password; when you installed windows 10, it lets you set up the password, but it looks like you forgot it.

There are two ways to fix this issue:

1. If you really need to get your data, then you have take out the hard drive and install it to a USB hard drive enclosure/adapter, then connect it to a working computer, then get your data, then do a reset.

2. If you do not need the data, then it's very easy to reset the computer right now.

Please let me know your option; don't worry, we guarantee our service.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.