Nathan, Systems Manager
Experience:  Own/operate computer networking/IT company.
59725966

I HAVE A HP PAVILLION THAT I UPGRADED TO WINDOWS 10. NOW I

Customer Question

I HAVE A HP PAVILLION THAT I UPGRADED TO WINDOWS 10. NOW I CANNOT GET IT TO PRINT TO MY LEXMARK X6675'
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this printer is not officially supported in windows 10.

All lexmark inkjet printers were discontinued many years ago and are no longer supported by them in any form. Lexmark will not be releasing a windows 10 driver.

You can attempt to use the older win8 driver, but will have limited functionality at best. Even the win 8 drivers are no longer available from lexmark for download however. Unless you have a saved copy from a prior install, your next best option is to try to let windows auto detect the printer and select a suitable built in driver, though windows is not supporting these either.

Realistically replacement of the printer will be the only practical option here, unless you want to roll back to a prior version of windows, as there is no current or future support planned for these machines, and this is a 7 year old printer model that was designed for a maximum service life of only 3 years. Even if you could get it working for now, it is so far past its service life that components like the printhead and absorber system will be expected to fail any day now, and ultimately require replacement anyway.

If looking for a replacement, I’d recommend any of the Epson workforce series printers. They tend to be very reliable, are easy to set up and use, have good print quality, and reasonably priced ink. Example: http://amzn.to/1F4fCYC

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1Md4aNC

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,