Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  CCNA, A+, MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

I have a Lenovo v 570 laptop. recently the battery went dead

Customer Question

I have a Lenovo v 570 laptop. recently the battery went dead and after recharge and starup of the pc i get the following message"the last attempt to resume the system from its prvious location failed. Attempt to resume again? Continue with system resume option but when i press enter nothing happens. Cannot get computer to re boot at all. Have tried everything but enter key does not respond to any menu options.
Please help to restart computer.
Thanks
RCR
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Give this a try: hold down the power button until the laptop completely shuts down. Until

all the lights go out and you can actually hear it shut off.

Remove the battery and disconnect the a/c adapter.

Hold down the power button for 30 seconds and release.

Reconnect the a/c adapter only and then power it back on. This should force Windows to

start from scratch.

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

If after this the keyboard still is not responding hold down the power button once more to shut the laptop down.

Power the laptop back on and while the manufacturer's logo is still onscreen start steadily tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS.

Once on the setup screen use the arrow keys to select the Configuration section.

In the Configuration area look for the Legacy USB setting. Enable it and press F10 to exit and save the changes.

The laptop will restart and you should have use of the keyboard.