Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

With the Windows 10, how do I get the icon to put on the tv

Customer Question

With the Windows 10, how do I get the icon to put on the tv what I have on the computer (I have a netgear box)
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was it working previously?

What's the model of your netgear box?

- Can you press at the same time the two keys Windows and P on the keyboard, then click on the Duplicate option when prompted?

Or right-click on the Start button (which is the windows logo icon at the bottom left), then click on Control Panel, then click on Appearance and Personalization, then click on Display, then click on Adjust resolution on the left, then there, at the option Multiple displays, set it to Duplicate..., then click OK, and confirm.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The netgear box is PTV2000. I followed the instructions and all that happened was the computer screen got smaller.

It looks like the model PTV2000 is not compatible with windows 10. Reference:

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29490

But what's the brand/model of your windows 10 computer?

Was the PTV2000 working previously on any computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

It may or may not work with Windows 10, and there is the Intel WiDi (Wireless Display) software update download at the website below:

http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/en/product/PTV2000#searchResults

But the most important thing is to check if your computer's hardware is compatible with Netgear Push2TV PTV2000 device or not before trying to do anything. The computer needs to have Intel Wi-Di (Wireless Display) adapter hardware, not just any regular wireless adapter hardware, so can you please let me know the brand/model of your windows 10 computer?

And/or can you please right-click on the Start button (which is the windows logo icon at the bottom left), then click on Device Manager, then there, double-click on the item Network adapters in order to expand it, then tell me all the item(s) below Network adapters.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much, Viet, but I decided to go back to Windows 7. I was able to do that but thanks for your answer.
Linda

You're welcome. Usually, when there is a new windows version, there is compatibility issue with some older device models. I'm glad you got it working now. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,

You're welcome. Great, I'm glad you got it working now. Usually, when there is a new Windows version, there is compatibility issue with some older device models. In the future, when before deciding to upgrade to a new Windows version, you might want to check the manufacturers' websites of your your devices in order to make sure they are compatible with the new Windows version first. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,