Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I just purchased a Samsung tablet and while it works very

Customer Question

I just purchased a Samsung tablet and while it works very well its got one annoying feature that I would like to turn off. Whenever I type something like an e-mail it provides suggestions for the word I am typing. And unless I hit the check symbol it may put in a word I don't want. Sometimes I type in a foreign language and its a real struggle to get he words correct. My question is: Is there any way to TURN OFF this word suggestion feature?
Nick
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your Samsung tablet?
Can you please open Apps, where it shows all your app icons (if needed, swipe from right to left to see more apps)

, then tap on the app icon Settings

, then tap on (General) -> Language and Input
, then there, tap on your keyboard type (tap on each keyboard type as needed)
, then turn OFF the option Predictive text and/or Auto replace and/or Text correction and/or something similar there and check?
When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.