Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My computer is a Dell All In One, purchased about 8 months

Customer Question

My computer is a Dell All In One, purchased about 8 months ago. When I sign on and the apps appear that's all I can do with it. When clicking on any apps nothing happens and the screen continually flashed on and off. I must kill the power to try again and again but the same problem has been bugging me for over a week. I am surprised that I did get this site to ask Dell what I can do.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there James and welcome

Can you power off the Dell.

Then hold the left shift and with it held, turn on the computer and keep tapping F8 until you get to a menu.

Choose Troubleshoot, then advance, then choose system restore.

Follow the onscreen steps and choose a restore date from before this happens.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me please if it now operates correctly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For the umpteenth time, when I power off my machine will not reactivate at all. I've tried that restore gizmo before when I had probs and there was no restore point available. In this case the only action I get is that dull circular image on the cursor no matter what keys I hold down or tap on. BTW, I am telephone deaf.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Are you still able to get to the menu at all via my instructions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Richard I have not been able to bring up the menu. Repeat...telephone deaf.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, not exactly sure what you mean with "Repeat...telephone deaf." I see you mention this twice but I am not sure why as I see nothing in my messages about a telephone sorry James.

Are you able to get to the sign in screen still? Not sign in, but just to the screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I now believe I have to find a tech in town to look at my computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please do not attempt to charge my debit card as no service has been received. Goodbye...
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

No, this is not needed, everything they can do we can do here, I just need you please to reply to my answer.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

No service received? I have been providing you the service since you posted your question James.... I am not sure why you cannot just reply to my questions..

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.