Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My california pal luggage lock is in the locked position

Customer Question

my california pal luggage lock is in the locked position (suit case is open) how do I reset the combination as I do not remember the old number
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

While it is locked you cannot change it, its exactly how the lock should work else you could just bypass the code. It needs to be unlocked to change it.

But, A way to find out the right combination is to keep the open button pressed and then try scrolling the lock combination randomly and then you would eventually find a combination that matches up and so you can open the lock.

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Really in other words just keep guessing!!!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes sorry, else if you could jut bypass the lock, they would take them off the market as the would be useless...

And there is no key slot to use a bobby pin on sorry, this is the only option.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you