Freddy M.
Freddy M., Support Specialist
Experience:  Years of experience in the IT field and in customer support.
15852642

Just bought the Asus G751JL that has only 8 gigs ram. I want

Customer Question

Just bought the Asus G751JL that has only 8 gigs ram. I want to purchase an extra 16 gigs of ram. What type of ram to use? Should it be the DDR3 by PNY, or should it be the DDR3L and by whom? The diffence is between 1.3 and 1.5 volts. I want to do it right without burning it out.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

You would want 1.35v, when unsure this is a good site to check:

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/ASUS/g751jl#memoryResults

Anything here would run well in your machine, I just suggest getting all the same type. Sometimes mixing does not work well.

Both PNY and Crucial are good for brands so either would work.

If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Asus.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Freddy I did receive your notification. Just don't know how to get to the answer reply on the web.
You can tell me on this email if the memory is ddr3 of ddr3l memory. Thanks, Dan
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

It should not matter the L just stands for low voltage meaning less heat. However I would go with regular DDR3. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Asus.