Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I bought a monitor (samsumg S24D300HL) and I have a ASUS

Customer Question

I bought a monitor (samsumg S24D300HL) and I have a ASUS q302LAB, when I use the Hmdi port from computer to monitor, I have video but not audio from my computer (btw my monitor doesn't have speakers) but if i plug in my old asus computer and use the computers vga port and the monitors vga port....there's no problem, i have sound. How do I tell my new asus (q302LAB) to use computers speakers?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

1. Please right-click the Volume icon by the time in the lower-right corner.

2. Click Playback Devices, the Sound window opens.

3. On the Playback tab, disable Digital Output Device (HDMI) if it is selected as Default. Click on Speakers.

4. Click Set Default and choose Apply.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N